The rapid pace of day-to-day life leaves many people feeling as though they simply don’t have time for things like personal development, adopting new healthy habits, or learning about the latest developments in health and wellness. While technology has contributed to the modern culture of instant gratification, it has also offered a few capabilities that enable you to multi-task more effectively.
Enter the podcast. Podcasts have been around for a while now, but they’re growing in popularity thanks to the ability to listen in and learn new things while going about your day-to-day routine. If improving your overall health and wellness is among your goals for 2016, but you’re not sure where to find the time to learn the best ways to stay healthy, happy, and well, this list is for you. We’ve identified 51 of the top health and wellness podcasts covering everything from natural medicine to fitness, meditation, nutrition, health news, productivity, life hacks, and more.
If you’re new to tuning in to podcasts, there are plenty of options. From iTunes to Stitcher, SoundCloud, Libsyn, Podbay.fm, and many other platforms, there are tons of options for listening to current and past episodes of your favorite podcasts from your smartphone, tablet, or even your PC. We’ve linked to the primary websites for the podcasts listed below, where possible, and when archived episodes aren’t available on the host’s primary website, we’ve linked to recommended episodes on a multi-platform service such as Libsyn or Podbay.fm for easy access from any device.
Note: The following 51 podcasts aren’t ranked or rated in order of importance or popularity. To make it simple to search and refer back to this list, we’ve listed them in alphabetical order.
A weekly podcast “dedicated to dominating your day before breakfast,” The 5am Miracle Podcast aims to help listeners form powerful, productive, lifelong habits, tackle each day with enthusiasm, and achieve your goals with boundless energy. Each Monday morning, join Jeff Sanders as he interviews a leading expert in happiness and productivity or shares his own best strategies for gaining control over your life, health, and well-being through better habits.
Three episodes we like from The 5am Miracle Podcast:
- Fitness for Busy People with Ted Ryce
- Mornings 101: 5 Healthy Habits to Begin Your Day
- Meshing Productivity with Creativity: An Interview with Marly McMillen
The Alternative Daily is a comprehensive source for news and information related to natural and alternative health. From trending current events to the latest insights on alternative health, hosts Jake Carney and Megan Harris offer real-life examples and practical tips for living an alternative, healthy lifestyle in each episode of The Alternative Daily Podcast.
Three episodes we like from The Alternative Daily Podcast:
- Podcast Episode #12: Digestive Enzymes, Mainstream Media Lies, Pet Health & Free Hats
- Podcast Episode #6: Free Jar of Manuka Honey Giveaway, Probiotics & Your Heart, Healing Effects of Honey, Disney & Alaska
- Podcast Episode #3: Beating the Fear of Death, Meditation, Yoga, Butter & Coffee, The Worst Sunscreen
The Balanced Bites podcast is co-hosted by The New York Times’ bestselling author of Practical Paleo & The 21-Day Sugar Detox, Diane Sanfilippo, and Liz Wolfe, bestselling author of Eat the Yolks and The Purely Primal Skincare Guide. While Balanced Bites is primarily a Paleo-focused podcast, Diane and Liz discuss everything from current topics in health and nutrition to beauty, skincare, healthy mindset, and more.
Three episodes we like from Balanced Bites:
- Episode #157: Low Carb Controversy, Quitting Cardio & Ditching Egg Whites
- Episode # 138: Preparing to eat “Bad” Food, No Poo, Moisturizer, Hungry on Paleo & Is Stress Sabotaging my Health?
- Episode #113: Listener Q&A – Body Image Perspective & Body Composition
Sharing practical and actionable advice from recognized experts in sports and fitness, inspiration, and insights on health and fitness, relationships, giving back, and other ways to make positive improvements in your life for better overall well-being, The Better Human Show, hosted by David Rachford, aims to be a positive voice in your day. The Better Human Show may sometimes challenge you and help you discover ways to “reach your full potential by transcending perceived limitations to become a Better Human.”
Three episodes we like from The Better Human Show:
- Better Human Show 009: Dana Santas “The Mobility Maker: Breathing as a Super Power”
- Better Human Show 007: Dr. John La Puma “Chef MD, and Culinary Medicine”
- Better Human Show 006: Show Origins and Living a Congruent Life”
Blisshacker is a podcast aimed at helping you find your bliss and improve your awesome-ness day after day through mindfulness, creativity, nutrition and fitness, and much more. A new podcast, there aren’t hundreds of archived episodes to browse through but Blisshacker promises much valuable listening to come.
Three episodes we like from Blisshacker Radio:
- Ep 6- NYT Best Seller – Picture Your Prosperity
- Ep.0 – What is Blisshacking?
- Ep.3 – Qi Gong and Flow State with Peter Petersen
Brendon Burchard is a New York Times bestselling author and one of the most watched personal development trainers in the world. His books include The Motivation Manifesto, The Charge, The Millionaire Messenger, and Life’s Golden Ticket. Brendon’s videos have been viewed by more than 50 million people in the last 12 months and more than 30 million people see his posts each week on Facebook. On his podcast, The Charged Life, which debuted at #1 on iTunes, Brendon shares insights on motivation, success, high performance, and living a fully charged life.
Three episodes we like from The Charged Life:
Dee McCaffrey, CDC is an organic chemist who lost 100 pounds and has kept it off for 20 years by avoiding processed foods. Learn more about Dee and the books she’s authored on the subject at Processed Free America, and tune in to Diet Science, a 7 to 8 minute weekly program offering truths and real advice on today’s health issues.
Three episodes we like from Diet Science – The Science of Skinny:
- How to be a “Processed-Free Vegan”?
- Crazy Insomnia? It Could be Your Blood Sugar!
- Food Synergy: Get More Bang for Your Buck
A naturopathic doctor and an expert in natural medicine, Dr. Lauren Noel hosts the Dr. Lo Radio Show, an informative podcast featuring interviews with leading naturopathic experts. A specific topic is chosen for each episode with an interview with an expert with specialized expertise in the subject area, offering listeners a wide variety of perspectives on the most pressing health and wellness topics today.
Three episodes we like from Dr. Lo Radio Show:
- Rock Your Hormones with Stephanie Greunke, RD
- A Life of Balance with Aaron Keith
- The Meat Fix with John Nicholson
Dr. Wayne Dyer was a bestselling author and a widely recognized expert self-development and spiritual growth. Following his death in August 2015, Dr. Dyer’s work spanning four decades continues to uplift and inspire, and new episodes have been continuously added to his podcast.
Three episodes we like from Dr. Wayne Dyer:
- Dr. Wayne W. Dyer – Never Lose Hope
- Dr. Wayne W. Dyer – What Motivates People
- Dr. Wayne W. Dyer – Creating Self Worth
After struggling with health and weight issues for years, Abel James discovered that everything he thought he knew about health, fitness, and nutrition was wrong. After doing extensive research and experimenting with just about every method, Abel found that doing the opposite of what the experts told him to do actually produced better results. Now, through his blog, website, and podcast, Abel aims to create a community where people can candidly discuss and debate issues that matter, about everything from fat loss and fitness to overall health and quality of life.
Three episodes we like from The Fat-Burning Man:
- Denise Minger: Raw Vegan Vs. Paleo, Ditching Dietary Dogma, and How to Spot a Fraud
- Abel James: How to Upgrade Your Brain with Music, Beat Stress & Rock Your Life
- Dr. Tom O’Bryan: How to Avoid Hidden Gluten, Autoimmune Disease, & Healing Leaky Gut
A leader in fitness since 1999, Bevan James Eyles is a high level Ironman triathlete who travels the world to train fitness professionals. Always having been fascinated at how some people readily embrace fitness and adopt healthy habits while others struggle to maintain routines. The Fitness Behavior podcast is a glimpse into the behaviors that drive these tendencies and how to learn the behaviors that enable you to be successful in achieving your personal health and fitness goals.
Three episodes we like from Fitness Behavior:
- Fitness Behaviour 66 – What am I giving up?
- Fitness Behavior 64 – ‘Yeah, but…’
- Fitness Behavior 63 – Dr Brian Wansick
Dr. Anh Nguyen is a pharmacist, health coach, and podcast host who believes in using food to heal the body naturally and lose weight. Dr. Anh believes that the answer to better health cannot be found in a pill bottle, but in what foods we choose to eat and how we live our lives. The Food as Medicine podcast conducts weekly interviews with individuals who have had success healing themselves or their clients using food as medicine.
Three episodes we like from Food as Medicine with Dr. Anh:
- Heart Disease, Smart Fats and Smart Carbs with Dr. Steven Masley – FAM #059
- The Key to Healing Thyroid and Metabolism Naturally with Heather and Damian Dube – FAM #055
- Healing Naturally for Life and Business with Ryan Lee – FAM #051
The Food for Thought podcast addresses every aspect of eating and living compassionately and healthfully, addressing commonly asked questions about being vegan and debunking common myths. This podcast is hosted by vegan author and expert Colleen Patrick-Goudreau, who leaves listeners inspired and empowered to live according to their own values of compassion and wellness.
Three episodes we like from Food for Thought:
- Advocacy and Adaptation: Fitting In and Living Joyfully in a Non-Vegan World
- Raw vs. Cooked Foods: Which is Better?
- Processed Foods Are Evil! (Or Are They?)
Allison Melody and Suzy Hardy host The Food Heals Podcast, where they bring a bold, sassy approach to changing your beliefs about health. The Food Heals Podcast features experts in the field of nutrition, health, and healing to offer natural secrets, tips, and advice to empower listeners to become healthier and happier.
Three episodes we like from The Food Heals Podcast:
- 44: Q&A Saturday: Little changes that can heal your life
- 43: How Alida lost 80 lbs and manifested “the one”
- 38: Macrobiotics and Emotional Healing with Warren Kramer
Food Integrity Now features influential guests who are experts in food integrity and influential in creating positive change in the global food supply. Food Integrity Now aims to provide the most accurate, up-to-date information on food and health-related issues to empower listeners to make smart choices about the foods they eat.
Three episodes we like from Food Integrity Now:
- Henry Rowlands: The Detox Project
- The Earth Diet: Healing Through Food
- Food Babe: Holding Corporations Accountable
Known internationally as “The Functional Medicine Doc,” Dr. Carri Drzyzga focuses on helping patients find the root cause of their health issues and fix these problems through natural treatments so that they can function at their best and take back their health and well-being. The Functional Medicine Radio Show, hosted by Dr. Carri, features interviews with leading experts in health, natural medicine, nutrition, and other topics, offering practical advice listeners can put to use in their own lives.
Three episodes we like from The Functional Medicine Radio Show with Dr. Carri:
- Hormonal Hell to Hormonal Well with Dr. Dan Kalish
- Hope & Healing for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome with Niki Gratrix
- Bacteria and Brain Health with Dr. David Perlmutter
Featuring in-depth, inspirational conversations, stories about finding purpose and meaning, and interviews with acclaimed artists, entrepreneurs, and innovators, The Good Life Project is just the podcast to set you off on an inspired path for the day. More than 300,000 people subscribe to Good Life Radio, an uplifting, positive podcast that feeds your soul and inspires you to be better, do better, and live life to the fullest.
Three episodes we like from The Good Life Project:
- Conversation vs. Interview: Create Your Own Rules
- The Gratitude Diaries: A Yearlong Experiment in Thanks
- Fear of Innovation: Why Good People Kill Great Ideas
Heather Robertson lost 170 pounds through healthy eating and exercise, and now has turned her own experience into a source of inspiration for the thousands of people who struggle with their weight. The Half Size Me podcast is a weekly show interviewing leading experts on key topics to help listeners find healthy, sustainable ways to lose weight and improve their health.
Three episodes we like from Half Size Me:
- 203 – Half Size Me: Why You Need a Strong “Why” To Succeed with Clara
- 199 – Half Size Me: Eating the Foods You Love While Losing Weight with Ileen
- 192 – Half Size Me: Importance of Meeting Your Emotional Needs with Amber
Hosted by Ellen Goldsmith, LAc, of Portland, the popular Health Currents Radio has recently moved as Goldsmith is now hosting Healthwatch on Portland’s KBOO on the second Monday of every month. You can catch up on past episodes at the Pearl Natural Health website, where Goldsmith is a practitioner, or on SoundCloud, which includes both past Health Currents Radio archives as well as new Healthwatch episodes.
Three episodes we like from Health Currents Radio, now Healthwatch on KBOO:
- Healthwatch – 12 – 14 – 15: Trauma and Memory with Dr. Peter Levine
- 44 Tips for Starting the New Year Right with Energy and Health
- 42 Mindfulness – Moment to Moment with MBSR
Dr. Michael Ruscio, DC is a Functional Medicine Practitioner, a lead researcher in a current IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) study, a post-doctoral continuing education provider, and more who is currently authoring a book on digestive and thyroid disorders. His podcast focuses on providing cutting-edge information in health, nutrition, and functional medicine provided in the form of practical advice listeners can use to improve their health.
Three episodes we like from Health, Nutrition, and Functional Medicine:
- Sleep – Is too Much Just as Bad as Not Enough – Episode 36
- Melissa Hartwig how to get started on the Paleo Diet – Episode 31
- Exercise and Adrenal Fatigue with Mike T. Nelson – Episode 29
Healthy by Nature is a podcast hosted by Martie Whittekin, CCN, featuring interviews with authoritative doctors, authors, and other leaders in the natural health field to provide insights and education to empower listeners to lead joyful, healthy lives with youthful energy.
Three episodes we like from Healthy by Nature:
- December 5, 2015: Interview with Dr. Mark Pedersen, a Naturopathic Doctor
- November 7, 2015: Interview with Pharmacist, Certified Clinical Nutritionist and author, Ross Pelton
- October 31, 2015: Interview with Dr. Frank King, naturopath and chiropractor about his book, The Healing Revolution: Eight Essentials to Awaken Abundant Life, Naturally
Sanaz Majd, MD hosts the House Call Doctor’s Quick and Dirty Tips podcast, from Macmillan Publishing. Quick and Dirty Tips covers a wide range of topics, from budgeting and technology to small business, public speaking, and more. The House Call Doctor provides short, actionable advice on health and medicine.
Three episodes we like from The House Call Doctor’s Quick and Dirty Tips for Taking Charge of Your Health:
- 202 HCD 5 Things Doctors Wish Their Patients Knew
- 155 HCD How to Prevent Skin Cancer
- 182 HCD The Pros and Cons of Caffeine
Health and fitness guru Jillian Michaels shares her top weight-loss and healthy living secrets in her weekly podcast, The Jillian Michaels Show. With informative, inspirational content designed to help listeners find health and happiness in every area of their lives, The Jillian Michaels Show gives you an insider’s perspective on the best of health and wellness.
Three episodes we like from The Jillian Michaels Show:
Juicing Radio aims to motivate, educate, and inspire listeners who are interested in beginning juicing, maintaining their juicing practice, or renewing their interest in healthful juicing. After going through their own juicing journeys and looking back, hosts Shane and Angie realized how valuable a positive, weekly podcast would have been on their own paths to weight loss and decided to offer helpful support to others along the juicing journey. They talk to nutritionists, juice bar owners, juicing bloggers, chefs, authors, and more to gain insights into the practice of juicing, health benefits, and tips for maximizing your results.
Three episodes we like from Juicing Radio:
- 160: What is ‘Juiceuary’ with Neil Martin the Natural Juice Junkie
- 159: Juicing for weight loss, weight maintenance and how to find a balance
- 4 Juicers share their essential juicing tips with you on the first JR Panel! JR:149
Katy Bowman, a biomechanist, and her co-host Dani Hemmat, a movement geek, discuss body mechanics, movement nutrition, natural movement, and how movement can be a solution to many of the common ailments we experience in modern life in Katy Says with Katy Bowman. The founder of Nutritious Movement, Katy is the bestselling author of multiple books, including Whole Body Barefoot (2015), Move Your DNA (2014), Alignment Matters (2013), and Every Woman’s Guide to Foot Pain Relief (2011), with additional books in the works. You can listen to Katy Says on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud, or Libsyn, or catch up by reading full episode transcripts here.
Three episodes we like from Katy Says with Katy Bowman:
A serial entrepreneur, efficiency consultant and speaker, author, and wellness coach (among many other things), Ari Meisel teaches clients how to optimize, automate, and outsource everything in their lives, including their health. Diagnosed with Chron’s disease several years ago, Ari developed a productivity system to help him overcome the disease. He has now broken this system down into nine fundamentals, sharing resources and tips for following the system that enabled him to overcome the impossible. The Less Doing, More Living podcast features intriguing discussions and interviews with leading experts on productivity, wellness, health, and more.
Three episodes we like from Less Doing, More Living:
- Episode #194 with Mick Vardy of The Productivityist
- Episode #187 – With Adam Gilbert of My Body Tutor
- Episode #185 with Shivani Nazareth from Counsyl
Jimmy Moore and his friends host the lively podcast, Low-Carb Conversations, where they have intriguing conversations with a variety of voices in the Low-Carb, Paleo, and Real Food movements, offering educated opinions and insights on the latest health and wellness news.
Three episodes we like from Low-Carb Conversations:
- 165: Dr. Trevor Cates And Dani Stout On Fallibility Of Health Symptom Websites
- 164: Erynn Kay On The Shift Away From Calories And More On Disease Prevention
- 161: Jess Paige And Theresa Kavouras Look At That Recent Low-Fat vs. Low-Carb Study
Author of The Good Karma Diet, Victoria Moran, hosts the Main Street Vegan podcast, which also runs as a live weekly show on Unity Online Radio. Moran interviews well-known vegans and friends of veganism, including authors, activists, celebrities, chefs, physicians, and more. An entertaining, hour-long show offering recipes, information on going vegan at your own pace, and tips for making a difference for animals and the planet at every meal, Main Street Vegan is worth a listen for anyone considering adopting a vegan lifestyle.
Three episodes we like from Main Street Vegan:
- MSV Show Notes: Dec. 17, 2015: A 3-Generational Vegan Family + Children’s Author
- MSV Show Notes, November 18, 2015: Kris Carr and Rae Sikora
- Show Notes Oct. 28: The Happy Herbivore + Digestive Health
Hosts Sal Di Stefano, Adam Schafer, and Justin Andrews aim to expose the raw truth about health and fitness in the Mind Pump Radio show. Offering more than 40 years of combined experience in the fitness industry, the Mind Pump hosts have seen it all and take a no-holds-barred approach at exposing the mythology and pseudo-science that permeates the fitness industry.
Three episodes we like from Mind Pump: Raw Fitness Truth:
- 208: A calorie is NOT a calorie
- 200: How to train as you age
- 193: Correcting muscle imbalances to prevent/overcome injury and improve posture
Monica Reinagel, MS, LD/N, CNS is the Nutrition Diva, bringing you easy, digestible tips for improving your nutrition and help you separate fact from fiction when it comes to healthy eating habits. When the overwhelming amount of information on what’s healthy and what’s not is too much to make sense of, the Nutrition Diva demystifies conflicting information to help you find the right path to positive nutrition.
Three episodes we like from The Nutrition Diva’s Quick and Dirty Tips to Eating Well and Feeling Fabulous:
- The Surprising Good News About Your Vices: An Interview with Jeff Wilser
- Whole Life 360: Your Total Mind-Body Reboot
- Balancing Optimal Nutrition with Sustainability
NutritionFacts.org is a commercial-free, science-based public service provided by Michael Greger, MD, FACLM, launched with seed money and support by the Jesse & Julie Rasch Foundation. NutritionFacts.org is now a 501c3 non-profit charity, offering hundreds of videos and articles offering insights on the latest nutrition research encompassing more than one thousand topics, in addition to the NutritionFacts.org podcast, where Dr. Greger presents the latest nutrition research in an easy-to-understand, bite-sized format.
Three episodes we like from NutritionFacts.org:
Designed for people looking to improve their lives one step at a time, the Optimal Living Daily Podcast is hosted by Justin Malik, who scours the web in search of the most relevant, informative content with practical, actionable advice. When you don’t have time to search for and read blogs with valuable insights on meditation, performance, happiness, alternative health, and everything you need to make daily improvements for overall wellness.
Three episodes we like from Optimal Living Daily Podcast:
- 019: What Kind of Year Do You Want to Have? by Steve Pavlina of StevePavlina.com (New Year’s Resolutions)
- 018: A Compact Guide to Creating the Fitness Habit by Leo Babauta of ZenHabits.net
- 008: Zen and the Art of Ninja Productivity by Mary Jaksch of GoodLifeZen.com
Outside Health and Fitness offers fun and practical advice that gets you motivated to get outside and get in shape. From new ways to get fit on the trail, in the water, on the slopes, and other enjoyable activities for enjoying the outdoors while improving your health and wellness, Outside Health and Fitness is a great podcast for anyone looking for more enjoyable ways to improve their fitness.
Three episodes we like from Outside Health and Fitness:
- 7 Ways to Have Summer Fun in the Winter
- Disc Golf: It’s Amazing and You Should Try It
- How to Beat a Fitness Slump
Personal growth coach Paul Colaianni helps clients break through cycles of negative thoughts and self-doubts to live a stress-free life. He coaches clients privately via phone and Skype, but you can tune in to The Overwhelmed Brain podcast to learn Paul’s strategies and tactics for reducing stress, overcoming depression, and living a happier, healthier, and more fulfilled life.
Three episodes we like from The Overwhelmed Brain:
- The One You Feed – The Good Wolf Interview with Eric Zimmer
- Self-Compassion and Fearing Happiness
- Do You Control Fate – Recovering From The Lies You’ve Told – You Can Spot a Fake Laugh and inauthentic behavior
More than 200,000 listeners tune in to The People’s Pharmacy, an award-winning radio show hosted by Joe and Terry Graedon and heard across more than 190 public radio stations nationwide. MP3 files for the past four weeks of episodes are free, and older archives can be purchased for $2.99. From home remedies to the latest breakthrough drugs, The People’s Pharmacy is your source for the latest in health and medicine news.
Three episodes we like from The People’s Pharmacy (listen to the following episodes at NPR.org):
- Show 939: The Health Benefits of Chocolate
- Show 951: Why We Eat More Than We Think
- Show 1014: Dr. Andrew Weil on Good Food Fast
An anti-diet approach to mastering fat loss naturally, Primal Potential with host Elizabeth Benton offers actionable strategies for overcoming emotional eating, hormonal imbalances, unhealthy habits, and more. Each weekly episode provides weight loss facts, strategies, and practical solutions for implementing healthy habits that create sustainable health and wellness.
Three episodes we like from Primal Potential Podcast:
- Q&A 37: Food Rewards, Cheat Meals & Earned Indulgences
- Ep 114: 5 Ways We Talk Ourselves Into Sabotage
- Ep 111: Top 3 Tips For Staying Focused
The Pro You Podcast by Nerdist Industries is hosted by Tom Deters, Chris Hardwick and Matt Mira’s trainer. He aims to help listeners become more mindful, maintain balance in their lives through consistency, and become the best version of themselves. Deters provides tools and concepts for creating a lifestyle focused on feeling better, being healthier, and building confidence.
Three episodes we like from Pro You Podcast:
- Pro You: Get Moving, Get Breathing, Enjoy This Life
- Pro You #23: Gabe Diani: Client Zero
- Pro You: Johnny Loses Focus – Wait What?
Marc David has been helping people overcome unwanted eating habits for three decades, from overeating to binge eating, emotional eating, and the inability to lose weight. Using a unique blend of psychology and nutrition, Marc coaches clients on this unscripted show, empowering them to change their relationship with food or help others do the same.
Three episodes we like from Psychology of Eating:
- The Psychology of Eating Podcast Episode 67: Follow Up – Stop Dieting and Do Some Inner Work
- Psychology of Eating Podcast Episode 63: Follow up – How To Stop Sabotaging Your Own Weight Loss Efforts
- Psychology of Eating Podcast Episode 55: Sugar, Emotional Eating and Body Image
Georgie Okell hosts Radio Headspace, a podcast offering inspiration for living a healthier, happier life. Headspace is “a gym membership for your mind,” teaching you how to apply mindfulness to your everyday activities. Radio Headspace encompasses topics such as relationships, mind and body, skillful living, and more.
Three episodes we like from Radio Headspace:
- Radio Headspace #38: Inspiring creativity with Dallas Clayton
- Radio Headspace #41: Dr. David Cox on stress
- Radio Headspace #31: How much can the brain really change?
Rich Roll is a best-selling author and ultra-athlete who was named one of the 25 Fittest Guys in the World by Men’s Health magazine. A former entertainment attorney, Rich is now a full-time wellness and plant-based nutrition advocate, motivational speaker, and host of the popular Rich Roll Podcast, where he covers all things wellness. Through interviews with leading experts in health, fitness, nutrition, creativity, productivity, entrepreneurship, and spirituality, Rich creates a fascinating show that empowers every listener to lead a better, healthier life.
Three episodes we like from The Rich Roll Podcast:
- Patrik Baboumian: The World’s Strongest Man Is Vegan
- Michael Greger, M.D. On How Not To Die
- Marco Borges’ 22-Day Revolution: A Plant-Based Mission To Transform Mainstream Culture
Coach Jeff Smith hosts The Running Podcast, where he uses his more than 30 years of coaching experience to share motivational tips, practical advice, and more with listeners as he enjoys his own regular run. The Running Podcast also features interviews with running champions, leading authors, and more.
Three episodes we like from The Running Podcast with Coach Jeff:
- Running Podcast #189 – Badwater Ultra Winner Nikki Wynd
- Running Podcast #187 – Aaron Olsen
- Running Podcast #186 – John Pearson
Lewis Howes is a New York Times best-selling author, lifestyle entrepreneur, high-performance business coach, and keynote speaker. His self-help podcast, The School of Greatness, was launched in 2013 and has been downloaded millions of times in just a few short years. Featuring inspiring stories from the world’s most brilliant business minds, world-class athletes, and influential celebrities, The School of Greatness aims to share the secrets that make good people great.
Three episodes we like from The School of Greatness:
- Alanis Morissette on Fame, Finding Purpose, and Emotional Healing
- Master Confidence, Humility, and Leadership with Brad Lomenick
- The Truth About Burning Fat and Losing Weight with Yuri Elkaim
A Western teacher of Buddhist (mindfulness) meditation, emotional healing, and spiritual awakening, Tara Brach has authored numerous books and provides a variety of resources on mindful living and meditation, including her podcast. Her podcast is a weekly talk focused on Buddhist teachings and practices, a great listen for anyone who wants to live more mindfully to improve overall well-being.
Three episodes we like from Tara Brach:
- Part 1: Awakening through Anger – The U-Turn to Freedom
- Releasing Limiting Beliefs
- The Two Wings of Awareness
Doctors and researchers share their ground-breaking discoveries about medicine and well-being at TED Conferences, TEDx events, and other partner events. These talks are available on video on the TED Talks Health website, but you can also catch up on the latest research and insights from leading health and medicine practitioners by listening to the audio podcast version on iTunes, Podbay.fm, or your listening app of choice.
Three episodes we like from TED Talks Health:
- What makes a good life? Lessons from the longest study on happiness
- How to stay calm when you know you’ll be stressed
- Why some people find exercise harder than others
The widely recognized author of The 4-Hour Workweek and The 4-Hour Body, Tim Ferriss takes to the airwaves to offer more of his mind-bending, life-optimizing advice and tips for hacking literally every area of your life. “In this show, he deconstructs world-class performers from eclectic areas (investing, chess, pro sports, etc.), digging deep to find the tools, tactics, and tricks that listeners can use.” Topics include meditation, productivity, health, strength training, body fat, and everything else you need to know to be your best self.
Three episodes we like from The Tim Ferris Show:
- General Stan McChrystal on Eating One Meal Per Day, Special Ops, and Mental Toughness
- 5 Tools I Use For Faster And Better Sleep
- The Magic of Mindfulness: Complain Less, Appreciate More, and Live a Better Life
The Ultimate Health Podcast is hosted by Dr. Jesse Chappus, a chiropractor and holistic health enthusiast, and Marni Wasserman, a culinary nutritionist and health strategist and owner of Toronto’s first plant-based cooking studio. The co-hosts help listeners take their health to the next level and reach their maximum potential by taking an in-depth look at the most current health information and interviewing world-class experts on topics ranging from nutrition and superfoods to fitness, meditation, and spirituality.
Three episodes we like from The Ultimate Health Podcast:
- 075: Abel James – Live More By Buying Less | Long-Term Weight Loss Strategies | HITT Wins Over Long Endurance Exercise
- 071: Alan Smith & Julie Daniluk – Fresh Coffee Is A Must | Gratitude Before Bed | Adrenal Burnout Can Lead To Allergies
- 070: The Benefits of Eating Seasonally and Locally (Fall + Winter) | Immune Boosting Foods
“Retired Navy SEAL Commander Mark Divine and his SEALFIT Coaching team take on guests with subject matters that follow along with Mark’s 5 mountain training path of developing your Mental, Physical, Emotional, Intuitive, and Kokoro (Heart) self.” The Unbeatable Mind Podcast with Mark Divine was recently listed as the top health podcast in iTunes, ranking #30 overall across all categories.
Three episodes we like from The Unbeatable Mind Podcast:
- Commander Divine Tackles the 2nd Emotional Demon or Anxiety in this Podcast
- Breaking Down Controversial Hacks – Dave Asprey
- Cutting Edge of Neuroscience in Today’s Civilization – Jesse Lawler
Underground Wellness Radio recently aired its last episode in November 2015, but there are nearly 250 archived episodes that are well worth a listen, offering valuable insights into health, entrepreneurship, and personal development spanning a full seven years of current issues, tips, and actionable advice.
Three episodes we like from Underground Wellness Radio:
- Retro – Digestive Wellness
- #346 – NeuroTribes: The Legacy of Autism and the Future of Neurodiversity
- #341 – Critics, Controversy, and Paleo Cooking.
WELL / AWARE is a minimalist/wellness blog with a podcast focused on how the energy we create within and the energy with which we approach the world are intricately connected, featuring interviews with inspirational guests who have designed a wellness lifestyle that brings them tremendous energy and happiness. The WELL / AWARE Show covers topics ranging from body image to minimalism, health and fitness, conscious consumption, habits, food, and more.
Three episodes we like from WELL / AWARE Show:
- WELL / AWARE Show 014: Eating Disorders, Addictions and Yoga
- WELL / AWARE Show 012: Yoga as Healing with Stephanie Birch
- WELL / AWARE SHOW 005 | Ally Bogard of The Path
50. Wellrounded Athlete (Move Smart Podcast)
Justin Goodhart interviews world-class thought leaders to offer expertise on movement, mobility, stretching, flexibility, strength training, primal nutrition, wellness, stress management, meditation, and just about every conceivable topic that can help you lead a healthier lifestyle and improve your overall well-being. A leading fitness trainer offering online coaching and proven programs to improve personal fitness, Goodhart offers a show not to be missed.
Three episodes we like from Well Rounded Athlete (Move Smart Podcast):
- 036 w/ Paul Chek: Avoid health advice from sick doctors
- 035 w/ Shawn Stevenson: Sleep Smarter – Proven Strategies for Rejuvenating Sleep…Every Night
- 032 w/ Ben Musholt: Be A Movement Omnivore
Dr. Nina helps clients transform their relationship with food to crack the code to emotional eating once and for all. A psychoanalyst, author and speaker specializing in weight, body image and disordered eating, Dr. Nina runs a successful clinical practice and offers valuable, actionable advice for getting off the diet train by altering your emotional connection to food forever on Win the Diet War.
Three episodes we like from Win the Diet War:
- Three Ways To Silence Your Inner Critic
- Do you think you can measure your value on a bathroom scale?
- How To Be A Wizard of Weight Loss
- All episodes can be found on iTunes https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/win-the-diet-war/id592074473
Limited Time Offer!
Buy 30 Natural Immune Boosters for Just $10
Del-Immune V® aids in healthy immune support and better respitory health
Order Del-Immune V® Today
Flu, cough, and colds best treatment is your own active immune system. Help it with plenty of fluids, nutrition, rest, exercise and hand washing.
The post Top Health and Wellness Podcasts: 51 Podcasts on Health, Fitness, Mindfulness, Nutrition, and More appeared first on Del-Immune V.